Sarah S. Broomer
Tel: 310.473.7000 ext. 141
Sarah S. Broomer's practice includes estate planning, complex fiduciary, estate, trust and conservatorship litigation, conservatorships, and trust and estate administration. Ms. Broomer’s practice includes the preparation of estate planning documents, including family succession planning, charitable giving and insurance trusts, as well as the handling of property tax and reassessment matters. In addition, Ms. Broomer’s practice includes complex litigation and conservatorship matters, as well as the mediation of disputes.
Ms. Broomer received her B.A. in 2004 from University of California, Berkeley, in Political Science, where she was a recipient of the Arnold S. Nelson Scholarship for academic excellence in 2000-2004. She earned her J.D. in 2008 from Southwestern School of Law where she received the Southwestern School of Law Scholarship for 2005-2007. She was also an Alternate Oralist in the Southwestern School of Law Annual Intramural Moot Court Competition in 2006.
During law school, Ms. Broomer served as law clerk to the Honorable Aviva K. Bobb, the Presiding Judge of the Probate Court. In addition, Ms. Broomer was also an extern in the Probate Department of County Counsel.
Sarah is fluent in Farsi and basic Spanish.
- Estate Planning
- Trusts And Estates Litigation
- Conservatorship Litigation
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Real Property Law
- State Bar of California, 2008
- Southwestern Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 2004
Publications and Editing
- Update Author, Chapter 15: Independent Administration of Estates: CEB, California Decedent Estate Practice, 2016.
- Update Author, Chapter 20: Compromise and Settlement of Claims: CEB, California Decedent Estate Practice, 2016.
- Update Co-Author, Chapter 4: Difficult Family Situations: CEB, Complete Plans for Small and Mid-Size Estates, 2015.
- Update Co-Author, Chapter 10: Plan for Unmarried Person with Minor Children: CEB, Complete Plans for Small and Mid-Size Estates, 2015.
- Assistant Editor, Death of a Litigant: What is a Trusts and Estates Litigator to Do?: California Trusts and Estates Quarterly, Volume 20, Issue 3, 2014.
- Pepperdine School of Law, Guest Speaker, “Removal of Trustee” (March 2016).
- Beverly Hills Bar Association/Trusts & Estates Section, “Nuts and Bolts of Estate Planning” (September 2015).
- Estate Counselors Forum, “Hindsight is 20/20: A Litigator’s Perspective On Estate Planning” (September 2015).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts & Estate section – Member of the Executive Committee, 2012 - present
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section, 2008 - present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Co President, Southwestern Law School Women's Law Association, 2006 - 2007
- Board Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, 2006 - 2007