Tel: 310.473.7000 ext. 121
Assistant Contact Information
Phone: 310.473.7000 ext. 131
Susan Jabkowski brings over 40 years of experience and expertise in conservatorship and probate law to Hinojosa & Forer LLP. Her practice specializes in all aspects of probate, conservatorship and guardianship law and administration from inception onward. Susan represents individuals as well as private professional fiduciaries in all aspects of probate and conservatorship law and administration. Susan has the unique ability to provide both expert legal advice and counsel to her clients, as well as caring consideration to them and their families, in circumstances that are often quite traumatic and upsetting.
Susan's expertise in probate, conservatorship, and guardianship law is well known by other attorneys practicing in this area of the law, as well as the Judges of the Probate Court of the Los Angeles Superior Court. She is recognized by the Probate Court and her peers as one of the leading practitioners in this area of the law.
She is frequently appointed by the Judges of the Probate Court to represent proposed conservatees, minors, and other individuals as a Probate Volunteer Panel (“PVP”) attorney and as guardian ad litem. The Probate Volunteer Panel consists of attorneys who have been determined by the Probate Court of the Los Angeles Superior Court to have the requisite skill and experience necessary to assist the Court with the resolution of various proceedings before it. The Court often appoints Susan in situations that are particularly complex or difficult.
She currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Trust and Estate Planning Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. She has also served as a member of the Executive Committee and as Chairperson of the Trust and Estates Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association.
In addition to her law practice, Susan is also extensively involved with the training of attorneys for the Probate Volunteer Panel. She is a frequent speaker and lecturer on numerous topics relating to conservatorship, probate and guardianship law. Susan also frequently works directly with the Probate Court of the Los Angeles Superior Court and its staff of attorneys on local matters. For example, Susan assisted the Probate Court in analyzing and editing Chapter 10 of the Local Rules concerning probate.
Susan is married to Dr. Ilan Tamir and they have two children, Benjamin and Rachel.
- State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
Recent Speaking Engagements
- 82nd Annual Meeting of the State Bar of California, “Litigation Issues in Conservatorships” (San Diego, 2010)
- 2010 Mandatory Refresher PVP Panel Attorney Training Program - “Conservatorship Proceedings” (Los Angeles 2010)
- Professional Paralegal Association - Spoke to paralegals on various conservatorship issues (Los Angeles 2008)
- CEB, Continuing Education of the Bar, “Conservatorships” (Los Angeles 2006)
- Conservatorships: Appointment and Administration
- Guardianships: Appointment and Administration
- Estate Administration
- Private Professional Fiduciary Representation
- Southwestern University, School of Law, J.D., 1975
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1972
- California, 1975