The attorneys at Hinojosa & Forer LLP have substantial experience in providing the full breadth of estate planning and trust and probate administration services for clients in Los Angeles and throughout California.
Estate Planning Services
We carefully consider the needs and goals of our client in preparing every estate plan, and provide comprehensive, tax sensitive estate planning documents individually tailored to each client. We assist clients with:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts, including Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Marital Property Agreements
We also provide a wealth of ancillary legal services attendant to estate planning, including:
- An analysis of the proper and improper use of the various probate avoidance techniques
- Ensuring property is properly titled and trusts are appropriately funded
- Providing a plan for the possibility of subsequent incapacity or disability
- Planning to avoid the possibility of future litigation
Tax planning is an inherent part of the estate planning process, and we advise our clients on estate planning strategies to minimize income, gift, estate and generation‑skipping transfer taxes.
We advise clients regarding:
- Gifting strategies, including use of the annual gift tax exclusion
- The use of irrevocable trusts as part of a comprehensive tax planning strategy
Business Succession Planning
We are frequently brought into the planning process when a closely held business is being sold or when a family member is retiring from the business and wants to explore business succession planning options. We structure tax saving strategies to facilitate the orderly transfer of control and wealth to successive generations, including the use of Buy/Sell Agreements and utilizing advanced planning techniques such as gifts of fractionalized interests, including sales to Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts.
We advise clients with charitable inclinations on ways to maximize the tax benefits of their contribution. Our expertise in this area includes advice regarding:
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Private Foundations
- Charitable Gift Annuities
Estate planning matters are complex and require representation by experienced legal counsel. We welcome your inquiry regarding our estate planning services. For a consultation regarding your estate planning matter, please contact us via email or at (310) 473‑7000.